Tuesday 22 November 2011

Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Satin Lip Colour 197 Enivrée Lipstick Review


Here is my latest purchase from the Chanel Holidays 2011 collection, the Rouge Allure Luminous Lip Colour in 197 Enivrée. I already mentioned it in a previous post, but now I'm going to review it. 

This comes in the same type of case that the matte Rouge Allure Velvets were recently released in. It's the only lipstick I've ever bought that comes with instructions on how to open it! It's not that complicated, but I think the first time I worried that I'd ruined it! Thankfully, I didn't. Whew! 


Enivrée is a sheer bright pink with lots of pink shimmer. The shimmer is very fine as well, so it doesn't feel gritty at all. When I first saw it in person I felt I had to have it. My lips are fairly pink already, so the colour really isn't too noticeable on me. You can still see the shimmer though. 

I'm also undecided on the formula. The first time I tried it on my lips, they dried out really quickly, but the second time, I didn't have that same problem. Third time's a charm, so I'll have to see what happens! 

I am happy with this purchase as it's certainly an everyday colour that I can wear all the time. It is a limited edition however, so if you're lusting after it, you should act fast before it's gone! 

2 comments:

  1. I love colors that allow me to look natural yet with a hint of shimmer. Pinks are new in my life (only 3 or 4 years now) and I can't help but wonder why it took so long for me to love them!

    I'll be curious about the 3rd experience. Let us know if it was drying or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started with pinks, but really beige was the staple of my lipsticks for years. I'm still partial to a good beige.

    I've worn this again a couple more times and I can't decide if it was drying not. I'd say it's not moist, that's fair. I found my lips dried out if it was dry out, but otherwise they were okay. Either way, I think this lipstick needs to be pared with a gloss anyways and that alleviates the 'is it drying?' conundrum!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...